Tên Sách: The Woman Who Could Not Forget
The poignant story of the life and death of world-famous author and historian Iris Chang, as told by her mother.
Iris Chang’s best-selling book The Rape of Nanking forever changed the way we view the Second World War in Asia. It all began with a photo of a river choked with the bodies of hundreds of Chinese civilians that shook Iris to her core. Who were these people? Why had this happened and how could their story have been lost to history? She could not shake that image from her head. She could not forget what she had seen.
A few short years later, Chang revealed this “second Holocaust” to the world. The Japanese atrocities against the people of Nanking were so extreme that a Nazi party leader based in China actually petitioned Hitler to ask the Japanese government to stop the massacre. But who was this woman that single-handedly swept away years of silence, secrecy and shame?
Her mother, Ying-Ying, provides an enlightened and nuanced look at her daughter, from Iris’ home-made childhood newspaper, to her early years as a journalist and later, as a promising young historian, her struggles with her son’s autism and her tragic suicide.
The Woman Who Could Not Forget cements Iris’ legacy as one of the most extraordinary minds of her generation and reveals the depth and beauty of the bond between a mother and daughter.
Tác giả: Ying-Ying Chang
- Ying-Ying Chang on Instagram
- Ying-Ying Chang on Twitter
- Ying-Ying Chang on Facebook
- Ying-Ying Chang on Youtube
- Ying-Ying Chang on Tiktok
- Ying-Ying Chang on Wikipedia
- Ying-Ying Chang on Website
Tìm kiếm thông tin về The Woman Who Could Not Forget
- Tìm trên Google với The Woman Who Could Not Forget
- Tìm trên Goodreads với The Woman Who Could Not Forget
- Tìm Review & đánh giá về sách The Woman Who Could Not Forget
- Xem hình ảnh về sách The Woman Who Could Not Forget
- Xem Video về sách The Woman Who Could Not Forget
- Xem báo chí nhắc tới sách The Woman Who Could Not Forget
- Tìm kiếm mọi thông tin trên MZBOOK