Tên Sách: A Peace to End All Peace
Published with a new afterword from the author―the classic, bestselling account of how the modern Middle East was created
The Middle East has long been a region of rival religions, ideologies, nationalisms, and ambitions. All of these conflicts―including the hostilities between Arabs and Israelis, and the violent challenges posed by Iraq’s competing sects―are rooted in the region’s political inheritance: the arrangements, unities, and divisions imposed by the Allies after the First World War.
In A Peace to End All Peace, David Fromkin reveals how and why the Allies drew lines on an empty map that remade the geography and politics of the Middle East. Focusing on the formative years of 1914 to 1922, when all seemed possible, he delivers in this sweeping and magisterial book the definitive account of this defining time, showing how the choices narrowed and the Middle East began along a road that led to the conflicts and confusion that continue to this day.
A new afterword from Fromkin, written for this edition of the book, includes his invaluable, updated assessment of this region of the world today, and on what this history has to teach us.
Tác giả: David Fromkin
- David Fromkin on Instagram
- David Fromkin on Twitter
- David Fromkin on Facebook
- David Fromkin on Youtube
- David Fromkin on Tiktok
- David Fromkin on Wikipedia
- David Fromkin on Website
Tìm kiếm thông tin về A Peace to End All Peace
- Tìm trên Google với A Peace to End All Peace
- Tìm trên Goodreads với A Peace to End All Peace
- Tìm Review & đánh giá về sách A Peace to End All Peace
- Xem hình ảnh về sách A Peace to End All Peace
- Xem Video về sách A Peace to End All Peace
- Xem báo chí nhắc tới sách A Peace to End All Peace
- Tìm kiếm mọi thông tin trên MZBOOK