Tên Sách: A Brief History of Seven Killings
WINNER OF THE 2015 MAN BOOKER PRIZE FOR FICTION From the acclaimed author of The Book of Night Women comes a masterfully written novel that explores the attempted assassination of Bob Marley in the late 1970s.
On December 3, 1976, just before the Jamaican general election and two days before Bob Marley was to play the Smile Jamaica Concert, gunmen stormed his house, machine guns blazing. The attack nearly killed the Reggae superstar, his wife, and his manager, and injured several others. Marley would go on to perform at the free concert on December 5, but he left the country the next day, not to return for two years.
Deftly spanning decades and continents and peopled with a wide range of characters—assassins, journalists, drug dealers, and even ghosts—A Brief History of Seven Killings is the fictional exploration of that dangerous and unstable time and its bloody aftermath, from the streets and slums of Kingston in the 70s, to the crack wars in 80s New York, to a radically altered Jamaica in the 90s. Brilliantly inventive and stunningly ambitious, this novel is a revealing modern epic that will secure Marlon James’ place among the great literary talents of his generation.
Tác giả: Marlon James
- Marlon James on Instagram
- Marlon James on Twitter
- Marlon James on Facebook
- Marlon James on Youtube
- Marlon James on Tiktok
- Marlon James on Wikipedia
- Marlon James on Website
Tìm kiếm thông tin về A Brief History of Seven Killings
- Tìm trên Google với A Brief History of Seven Killings
- Tìm trên Goodreads với A Brief History of Seven Killings
- Tìm Review & đánh giá về sách A Brief History of Seven Killings
- Xem hình ảnh về sách A Brief History of Seven Killings
- Xem Video về sách A Brief History of Seven Killings
- Xem báo chí nhắc tới sách A Brief History of Seven Killings
- Tìm kiếm mọi thông tin trên MZBOOK